Tuesday, September 11, 2007

SipZ & EnvironGentle (San Diego 4 of 5)

We always enjoy eating at SipZ Fuzion Cafe. Karen took us here for the first time over a year ago, and now, we never miss an opportunity. Even if we're not hungry, we'll stop in and get it to go. The food is simply amazing.

And, there's a cool second-hand store (which I think benefits an animal rescue?) next door to the restaurant where I picked up a back issue of VegNews (#49) along with some flyers & a Goveg pin.


We've zeroed in on what we like to eat at SipZ!

Two bowls of
the 'Sweet n Sour Chicken' -- which is soy chicken cubez coated in a tangy sweet n sour sauce that includes bell peppers, celery, onions, and pineapple.

Art downed a smoothie, and I drank a passion fruit ice-tea.





Missing our girls, we started making our way back to the LA area, but we still took time to stop in at EnvironGentle, which is at 543 S. Coast Hwy 101, in Encinitas. They sell the coolest things! You can order all kinds of great shirts on the above link, and in the photo, you can see my first message t-shirt, "Tree Hugging Dirt Worshipper." It is made of 70% sustainable bamboo and 30% organic cotton and is the softest t-shirt I own. They have a bunch of great messages.



As you can see, it's a pretty big store, and it's jam-packed with environmentally-friendly products and clothing. They had extensive sections for cleaning, personal care, baby items, bags, candles, hemp products, and so much! I could have (and wanted to) spent several hours here.






They have several inspirational quotes painted on the walls, including my favorite.

We were still full from SipZ, but if you find yourself hungry in this area, you could visit Swami's Juice Bar at 1163 First St. ---or Roxy Restaurant at 517 S. Coast Hwy. 101. I understand they both have vegan options.

Encinitas is such a lovely area to explore!

2 comments:

bazu said...

Oh my gosh, Vicki, how did I manage to miss all your wonderful San Diego posts? The city of San Diego should pay you for all this wonderful publicity- I know I'm dying to go, and experience all the wonderful food and the cool stores that you posted here!

Teresa said...

Art's smoothie is tantalizing me right now!

That EnvironGentle store sounds awesome! I bet you would absolutely love the Green Festival (but it's only in SF, Chicago, Seattle and DC). Maybe I can tempt you to come to the SF one in November, by offering trips to Maggie Mudd!