Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Polenta Tamale Pie

Ingredients:
*Ground soy meat (I used Smart Ground)
*2 cups salsa (I used Chachies)
* 1 can black beans rinsed (I used some of my left over black bean soup)
*Half can vegetable broth
*1 1 lb. roll prepared polenta (sliced in 1/3" thick rounds)
*Grated "cheese"
*cayenne pepper, ground cumin, and safflower oil for sauteing



Directions:
Saute soy meat in a bit of safflower oil for around 5 minutes or until heated through. Add salsa, black beans, broth, cayenne, cumin, and simmer until mixture thickens.

Oil 9"x9" glass baking dish. Place approximately 1/3 of polenta in bottom of dish. Cover with 1/3 of soy meat mixture and then 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layering (I ended up with 2 layers of each). Bake for 40 minutes @ 350F.

I got this recipe at vegweb.com from Sara. This dish is filling and satisfying - we liked it.

No comments: