Friday, June 23, 2006

Potato Chickpea Garlic Soup

Inspired by Michelle of Tiger the Lion, who was inspired by Jess of Get Sconed!, who was in turn inspired by this recipe. I was looking through some emails I had sent myself with recipes I'd seen on blogs that I wanted to try someday. This one caught my eye again, so I decided to make it even though it's hot as H - E - Double Toothpick outside.

This is what I used:
4 C. Vegetable Stock
2 C. Water
10 Whole Cloves Garlic, halved
1/2 Red Onion, quartered
1 Stalk Celery, cut into 4 big pieces
1 Can Chickpeas
1 Lg. Potato, washed & diced + skin left on
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste

Put everything except the salt and pepper into a large pot, cover, bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 mins, until potatoes are super soft. Puree in the food processor, reserving some whole chickpeas. Return to pot, season with salt and pepper to taste.

I garnished mine with fresh basil from the garden, and some heart biscuits I made with extra dough from the "weiner wraps". This soup was so easy to make, and I'm a potato & garbanzo fiend, so I was happy with the results. Thanks for the inspiration everyone!


No comments: