Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Slow Stuffed Grape Leaves

from:
Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker (p. 20) I followed the recipe to a "TTT" - & tripled it!

This is the group of lucky dolmas going to the party. I sharpied a post-it for the dish that said "Vegan Stuffed Grape Leaves". I was little shy -- wondering if the crowd would go for the crackers + dip and cookies on the buffet --- or, turn a 180* and go for these very green & healthy morsels....




Here's 3 batches of dolmas (about 50) -- stuffed, wrapped, & ready for the Slow Cooker. It took a while to prepare, but well worth it. They vanished quickly at the party, and I felt a sense of victory for Veganism. It wasn't that people were starving, either, because there was plenty of left-overs of the junk food. They liked them. They really, really liked them!
These were the perfect party pleasing appetizer.






for change.










1 comment:

laura k said...

Great new blog! I love stuffed grape leaves, but never have attempted to make them myself... I'm glad they were a hit at the party!