Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Aloo Gobi Potatoes & Cauliflower + Spices

I've never made Aloo Gobi before, though we've eaten it several times at Electric Lotus. I found the recipe in La Dolce Vegan! and thought it was easy & fun to prepare. As Art said, "Yours isn't as saucy as Electric Lotus'!" and I'm pretty sure he was talking about the food. He was right, and we both missed the sauce. But this was also good, so we decided we'll make it again with other Indian dishes -- or at least something other than a French baguette!

Do you have any Indian dish ideas? I just bought a couple Tasty Bites - Bengal Lentils & Bombay Potatoes, both of which are vegan, delicious, quick, & saucy!


It's really all about the spices! (aren't these 2 packets of organic Turmeric & Garam Masala cute?) Here's the recipe spice list:
Fresh Ginger
Hot Pepper (I used Pasilla)
Fresh Garlic
Garam Masala
Cumin
Cayenne
Sea Salt
Turmeric
Fresh Cilantro

No comments: