Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Banana Blueberry Oat Bundles & Cherry-Almond Muffins

It's been too hot to cook lately. And when it gets this hot, it's hard not to think about the heat, so I ordered Gore's book, and will let you know when it arrives.

In the mean time, we had some overripe bananas, and you know what that means... Vive le Vegan's! 'Banana Oat Bundles'. This time was different though, because I had cardamom and parchment paper on hand, and I added 1/3 C. dried blueberries. Also, the bundles are consistently shaped because of my medium cookie scoop. Yummy, as always! :o)


I was inspired to make these muffins because of this photo at The House of Simon. I had to make a couple modifications based on what was in the kitchen. I used banana soy yogurt instead of vanilla; and I didn't have sliced almonds, so I chopped up whole ones in the food processor. I loved these muffins, but the girls didn't go for it. I'm pretty sure it's because this is the first time they've had nuts on muffins, and it threw them for a loop. Thanks for the inspiration, Carrie!



No comments: