Sunday, October 8, 2006

Nava Atlas & Curried Red Lentil Soup

Look what Nava Atlas sent me in the mail! An advance, and autographed copy of the 3rd editon of her cookbook Vegetarian Soups For All Seasons, along with a nice note, saying, "Hi Vicki ~ As promised, a review copy for you of my latest. Enjoy! Best ~ Nava" How exciting!

I think Robin Robertson, author of Vegan Planet & Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker, sums it up best in her praise for the new edition:

"With a vegan makeover and 20 new recipes, the best vegetarian soup cookbook just got better! Arranged by season and loaded with variety, Nava's recipes are sure to please soup lovers everywhere. Complemented by a chapter of tempting accompaniments and Nava's own delightful illustrations, this treasury of delectable recipes is as welcoming as a simmering pot of homemade soup."


Eager to try out a recipe, I turned to the Fall index and glanced the list of 29 Fall soup recipes. (Winter=30, Spring=30, Summer=27) and came up with this, 'Curried Red Lentil Soup
with sweet potatoes and greens' which, I must tell you, is one of the very best soups ever to enter our home. Art & I ate 3 bowls each in one sitting because it's super delicious. The flavors are unique & perfectly smooth, and bonus! make the house smell absolutely amazing. The main flavors here are: sweet potatoes, Swiss chard, lentils, & curry. Per serving, this soup has 290 calories, 5 g fat, 13 g protein, 10 g fiber, 50 carbohydrate, 0 mg cholesterol, 94 g sodium. How do I know all that helpful info? Nava includes it for each recipe. If you're a soup-lover, you'll want to get this cookbook! Thanks, Nava.




I leave you with a glimplse of the amazing Fall
COLORS that abound here. The firery splash of color in the trees & brisk breezes are just a couple reasons why this is my favorite season. I love Fall.













No comments: