Monday, May 14, 2007

Double chocolate layer cake

from The Real Food Daily cookbook (pg. 220) is the cake I chose this year. Art was going to make it, but when he looked at the recipe, he said, "Are you sure you wouldn't rather make this yourself? I'll occupy the girls." He knows me so well! This was one of the richest cakes either of us have eaten, and the frosting is perfectly creamy, and oh so chocolate-y. There was some extra fuss that went into this recipe, and well worth it! A nasturium from my herb barrel & fresh raspberries add some color. Thanks for your birthday & Mother's Day wishes! <3

8 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

Yum Yum....that cake looks tasty. I know what you mean about wanting to cook it yourself. Sometimes it's just easier to avoid disasters that way! Hope your enjoyed your birthday and mother's day!

Teresa said...

I just love the flower and raspberry toppings. Too funny that you made it yourself while Art played with the girls. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and mom's day!

-Teresa

Anonymous said...

happy mother day!!!!

looks so good.

aTxVegn said...

That certainly does look rich and fabulous. Happy Mother's Day, Vicki!

Dori said...

Wow what a cake! This just might take second place in the urban vegan contest :) I love chocolate an raspberry combinations.

scottishvegan said...

Yummy! I love chocolate cake and that looks like a pretty amazing one!

Emmy said...

The cake looks beautiful!!! Happy Happy Happy Belated Birthday!!!! (I haven't been online much over the past two weeks) I hope your b-day was wonderful :)

Aurelie said...

Happy late B-day!