Thursday, March 30, 2006

Cabbage Salad

GailAnn Shimke brought this salad to a teacher's luncheon several years ago & I loved it, so she gave me the recipe.

Dressing:
3 tblsp cider vinegar
2 tblsp sugar
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 c oil
6 green onions - chopped
1 top ramen seasoning package (I usually use "oriental" - this week, I found an alternative featured in Midweek Munchies) Mix together & refridgerate over night.

Then mix together with:

1/2 c toasted blanched almonds (toast in oven 325* for 15 min.)
1 head cabbage - chopped (or 1 package coleslaw mix)
1/2 c sugar snap peas - cut at a diagonal (my addition)
1/4 c soybeans (also my addition)
Top Ramen noodles - broken (I recommend sticking to the Top Ramen brand because it tastes better raw)

Mix with dressing & serve. This rates high for easiness & tastiness & I discovered on a midnight snack excursion that this salad goes well on a veggie ham sandwich! More Photos.

No comments: