Friday, March 31, 2006

Habanero Jelly


This is the hottest thing at our house! It is such a delicious appetizer...just top a Triscuit with cream cheese & a dollop of habanero jelly. My husband puts it on pancakes & rolls them up. I use it as a marinade and cooking sauce. I believe we are yet to discover all the ways to use this yummy concoction.

Ingredients:
Orange Bell Peppers
Habanero Chilies
Sugar
Cider Vinegar
Pectin
6 1/2 pt. canning jars/lids

Process:
Seed/Stem, cut into pieces & process peppers and chilies, bring to a rolling boil in a stainless steel pan with vinegar & pectin. Add sugar fast, return to a boil 1 minute, stir constantly. Remove from heat & fill jars immediately, cover & screw band tightly. Invert 5 minutes, then listen for the pop of the seal.

I really enjoy making this jelly & I use Walt's original recipe. More photos (You should check the photos, if nothing else, just to see my dog balance a biscuit on her nose!)

No comments: